Here at AboutWeb we have a team of employees who focus much of their time reviewing resumes for available positions. The following tips will be very helpful to you to include when sending in your resumes.
Your resume should be a clear and concise summary of your achievements in the following areas:
Any other relevant qualifications that pertain to the position
Style & Content
* Make sure to proofread to for all spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors.
* Use strong action verbs
* Avoid repeating words or phrases.
* Be consistent and use the same grammatical style throughout.
* Be honest and accurate.
* Use 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper, printed on 1 side only.
* Place your name, and contact information at the top of the page.
* Avoid the first person pronoun
* Be concise
* Cite numbers to communicate magnitude or scale of an assignment, budget, and staff managed.
* Provide examples that exhibit desirable character traits such as interpersonal skills, confidence level, leadership and independence capabilties.
* If you have a 2nd page, put your name on top of page 2.
* Include all important information, such as dates of graduation, major, GPA, etc.